Abyss Blog

Hier die Abyss Kolumne ''The Monster''.
Die Ausgabe ist vomn 15.12.2009

Hey everyone. I wish I was coming to you this week in better spirits and health but as most of you know by now, I was burned on my leg severely by a fire flame that went crazy at the hands of Dr. Stevie and Raven. It has caused severe burns on my right leg. Burns so intense that the fire ate through my pants along my right leg. I spent a couple days receiving medical attention and the real doctors say that the burns are severe. I am on antibiotics and other medicines to keep the wounds clean. It’s so hard to get around. I don’t want to bother or worry Lauren with this so lets just keep this one between us ok??? Don’t worry anyone because I will be at Final Resolution this Sunday and I’ll be ready. I am teaming up with Mick Foley to take on Dr. Stevie and Raven in what should be an all out war. I have had enough of Raven and Dr. Stevie and their intention of destroying Mick and myself. This Sunday at Final Resolution we are going to put a stop to this once and for all by giving them the biggest beating of their careers. I am so excited I can barely wait for this Sunday.

Wow TNA is going LIVE on Monday January 4 on Spike TV and the momentum and excitement continue to grow and build to epic proportions. This night will mark a new day in TNA and a new day in professional wrestling. Hulk Hogan will make his debut in TNA on that night. His arrival is the single greatest and biggest moment in TNA history. Wow what a huge night it is going to be. I remember when the Monday Night wars were being waged at the time when I was going thru some of my tougher times in life. I was undergoing some intense psycho therapy at the time. The only night that I ever looked forward to was Monday nights and the war between WCW and WWE. Monday was my weekly escape away from all of that as I enjoyed the competition and war between the two. I can vividly remember thinking to myself at that time, "Wow I want to compete in something like this. I wish I could compete and wrestle on Monday night. I’d love to be in this war." Well folks, my dream has come true and have become reality to me and everyone at TNA as well as wrestling fans all over the world. I am SO excited about TNA going live on Monday January 4. I’ve been with TNA since its inception and to see this as a reality finally is a huge day for TNA and Abyss. Make no mistake about it....Abyss is ready to go to war!!!!

Christmas and the holiday season are upon us everyone!! I love this time of year. It’s so much fun with all the gift giving, holiday parties, and holiday spirit that is all around us. I’ve been invited to a few Christmas parties this year and this year I think I actually might attend some. I hope everyone is ok with me wearing this mask. I think I’ll hang some mistletoe from the mask. This might lighten the mood some.

Fantasy football has ended and I did not make the playoffs. Needless to say I am devestated and disappointed with my teams performance. There is always next year. Oh wait, I said that last year too. Oh well, I will go back to the drawing board and see if I can draft me a winner next year!

So how does Santa make all those deliveries to all those good boy and girls in just one night???? It doesn’t sound humanly possible to me that this could be accomplished. Something sounds fishy to me about all of this. I think this year I am going to actually wait up for him and ask him point blank how he does it. I’ll let you all know what he says.

Well everyone I’ve got to go. I just finished my Christmas list to Santa. I am on the way to the post office to deliver. I hope I get everything I asked for this year. I sure could use a couple more flannels!!! Take care everybody and I’ll see you this Sunday at Final Resolution. I’ll talk to you all again right here next week!!!!

Bye bye!
Abyss

Oder hier:
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV! - Monster Blog (12/15): Column By Abyss

Hey!
Hier die neuste Ausgabe der Abyss Kolumne ''The Monster''.
Diese ist vom 22.12.2009

Hey everyone!!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you!!! I hope that Santa brings each and every one of you everything you want this year. It’s been such a great year. Me and everyone at TNA have been so blessed that I’m not exactly sure what I want for Christmas this year. I have been putting my list together but I just can’t seem to nail down exactly what I want. Well, one thing for sure I’d like is my first kiss from Lauren, but that doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen so I better come up with a more realistic list. Me and Mick beating Dr. Stevie and Raven at their own game this past Sunday at Final Resolution was probably the greatest gift I could ever have received this holiday season. Mick and I worked like a fine tuned machine and both Dr. Stevie and Raven paid the price. It was awesome, simply awesome, teaming up with a true legend and mentor in Mick Foley. He is the best, and teaming up with him to defeat those guys was one of the highlights of my career I’ll never forget. Hey, maybe Mick and I should stay together a little longer and go for the tag team gold!!! What do you think???

Well with Christmas right around the corner, it’s time for me to put together my annual ABYSS' CHRISTMAS LIST of gifts and needs from around the globe...so with no further ado, here we go:

* To ALL the geniuses on Wall Street, a brain transplant.
* For Susan Boyle, the instantly famed Idol singer from England, an exclusive "radio" contract ONLY.
* For President Obama, a handy note pad, so he can remember SOME of what he promised during his campaign.
* For Kurt Angle, Slick Johnson, Christopher Daniels, and Tomko, a year supply of rogaine.
* For JB, my dearest friend, stock in TWITTER, since he lives on it all day long!
* To Iran and other threats to this country, Kabooooooooooom!!!! Enough said.
* For Raven and Dr. Stevie, some rest after the beating that Mick and I put on them at Final Resolution.
* For Tiger Woods, a new 8 iron to replace the one that was "lost".
* For Balloon Boy, acting lessons.
* For Scott Steiner, a new set of rubber stretch bands. You should see the workout he puts those things thru at the shows! I feel bad for the stretch bands.
* For Michael Jackson’s doctors, a one way ticket to the Bahamas.
* For AJ Styles, another match versus Abyss. We will tear it down again better than ever, just like always.
* For all members of the World Elite, some manners.
* For Kevin Nash, $$$ What else???
* For ALL the TNA Knockouts, a piece of mistletoe for each one of you. I have them all. Just see me to get your piece.
* For our competition in 2010, a box of Kleenex and a sympathy card.
* For Mick, a new flannel shirt and an endless supply of respect.
* For myself, The Monster Abyss, another shot at the TNA World Title in 2010!!
* For TNA Fans all over the world, a safe, happy, loving holiday to you and all your loved ones. Your support is the backbone of TNA Wrestling. Be very proud of that my friends!!!!
* For TNA Wrestling, extraordinary success in 2010 in continuing to become the greatest wrestling company EVER. This is the year, make no mistake about it.

I want to take this time to personally THANK all of you, the fans, for a great year. Your support of TNA and Abyss has been just incredible. You guys are truly the best fans in the WORLD, not just in wrestling. I feel so blessed and fortunate for TNA and for all of you great fans that support TNA and Abyss. TNA is "home for the holidays" to the Monster Abyss. Happy holidays to all of you and your families. May you all be blessed with a safe and happy holiday season.

Take care and I’ll talk to you all next week for my YEAR IN REVIEW MONSTER BLOG!

Bye bye!
Abyss

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV! - Monster Blog (12/22): Column By Abyss

Hey.
Sorry,wegen der Verspätung...
Hier die nöchste Ausgabe der Monster Kolumne von Abyss:

Hey everyone, it’s your friendly neighborhood Monster coming to you for my Year End Monster Blog. Wow what a great and eventful year it has been on all fronts. TNA has experienced strong growth once again in 2009. 2010 is shaping up to be the greatest year in company history. January 4th is less than a week away now and I can barely hold myself together from all the excitement and anticipation. The Hulk Hogan era of TNA begins on this night. Wrestling history will be redefined on this evening as The Hulkster joins TNA wrestling with our LIVE 3 hour event this Monday, January 4th. With Hulk Hogan, TNA will cement our statement in wrestling history as the greatest wrestling company ever! It is going to be a special night. I’m proud, excited, poised, and 150% ready to start 2010 with a huge bang. TNA is ready. Abyss is ready. Game on!!!

2009 was a great year for TNA and the Monster Abyss. In 2009, TNA continued its growth in so many ways. We toured Germany for the first time. We experienced an incredible tour of the UK culminating in a sold out London event that indicated TNA indeed had arrived internationally. 2009 saw the arrivals of Bobby Lashley, Dr. Stevie, Daffney, the Pope DeAngelo Dinero and Desmond Wolfe to name a few. Wow these guys can really bring it! 2009 saw the return of yours truly from my psychiatric leave of absence, only to have his former Doctor invade TNA to try and destroy me. It didn’t work. 2009 saw the Monster Abyss fall in love for the first time, with Lauren, the bestest girl I’ve ever known!!! Good luck to Lauren, as she is leaving TNA. Gosh, I hope it wasn’t me that drove her away?? I don’t think so, but hey I never did get that kiss she and I talked about.

Ya know I never have had a New Year’s Resolution in my life. I guess this year is the time, finally, to make my New Year Resolution. What should it be??? I don’t know. I’m new to this resolution thing. Let me think on it for a little bit. In the meantime, I have compiled a list of what I think some New Years Resolutions for OTHERS in this world should be. Here goes:

* For Avatar the movie, decide whether you're a cartoon or a motion picture. Great movie though.
* For the parents of Ballon Boy, dedicate 2010 to truly "knowing" your children before they go on national TV and embarrass you.
* For Brett Favre, a decisive off season.
* For all who promote terrorism, get a real life, and get out of the country.
* For Bernie Madoff, a conscious effort to not drop the soap.
* For Florida coach Urban Meyer, to get healthy and return to his throne.
* For President Obama, a continuing realization that "Gitmo" is a good thing and needs to keep its doors "open".
* For 24's Jack Bauer, to not be so trusting this year. It always blows up in your face!
* For Tiger Woods, PICK ONE!
* For Pac Man Jones, a complete understanding of Canadian law.
* For Wall St., a commitment to get things right for a change. 2010 must be the year for this to happen.

Ok, its time for mine. The moment of truth is here. What is Abyss' New Years Resolution????? My New Years Resolution are:

* To continue to be the best wrestler that I can be for TNA by "raising the bar" with my performance, and giving TNA and wrestling fans incredible performances in 2010 and beyond.
* To find a new "girlfriend" since Lauren is no longer my bestest girl ever.
* To avoid fire.
* To lay down punishment on anyone who crosses the Monster Abyss just like Dr. Stevie and Raven.
* To once again become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion.
* To continue the "team work" that is TNA. 2010 is our year!!!!

Well that’s it everyone! My New Year’s Resolutions are complete. 2009 was a magnificent year, but 2010 is going to be TNA's year. I’d like to take this time to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL of you. THANK YOU for your continued support of TNA and everything we are doing. Enjoy 2010 because it's going to be a wild and crazy ride that you are sure to enjoy. Thanks to all of you, TNA is going to reach all of its goals in 2010 and beyond. Keep up the great support. You guys are the best fans in the world. I am so excited I can hardly wait for January 4th. I know you all are too. Take care and I’ll see you all Monday LIVE on Spike!!!!!

Bye bye!
Abyss

Oder hier:Total Nonstop Action Wrestling On Spike TV! - Monster Blog (12/29): Column By Abyss

Hey!
Hier die gestrige Ausgabe von Abyss Blog The Monster:
Happy New Year everyone!!!! I hope you all had a great holiday season and great New Year’s celebration. 2010 is here and we started it out with a BOOM!!! This past Monday our LIVE Impact from Orlando on Spike was the most amazing show I’ve ever been a part of. I don’t even know where to begin. It was a night of spectacular wrestling and a night of monumental surprises as TNA changed the landscape of wrestling from this point forward. One after another, wrestling stars from the past and present, showed up at the Impact Zone. Jeff Hardy, The Nasty Boys, Ric Flair, Sean Morley, Eric Bischoff, and of course, the return of the Hulkster. Hulk Hogan was the highlight of the evening that was used as a launching board to a new era of TNA Wrestling and professional wrestling in this world!!

I began wrestling in this business, the greatest business in the world, back in January of 1994, just prior to the Monday Night Wars that ignited a firestorm of a great time period in pro wrestling. A time period that saw incredible business growth, increased TV ratings, sky high PPV buy rates, competition between both rival companies, international growth, and huge revenues. This was a great time to be a wrestling fan, and even though I had just started in this business, I too was engulfed with the rivalry, the competition, and controversy that was the Monday Night Wars. This time period will never be repeated again......or will it?????

I believe that what TNA did this past Monday night, was give the wrestling world, consisting of fans, wrestlers, and television vierwers the greatest gift they will receive in 2010. What is that you ask???? The answer: A competitive alternative to the other wrestling product that empowers fans all over the world to now choose and have the option of focusing on a superior wrestling product.....TNA. Competition is a great thing that is a powerful motivator in this world, regardless of the situation that one is in. Competition breeds success through determination and perserverance. Competition is what makes us all "raise the bar" of expectations and productivity in this business as well as any other business in this world. Competition is the fuel that feeds a hungry heart.

What can wrestling fans expect next???? Who knows??? And that’s one of the things that’s going to make this time period in pro wrestling, much like it was 10 years ago during the Monday night wars, the most unpredictable, exciting, thrilling, and fan friendly atmosphere imaginable. Wrestling fans are about to be treated like kings as they feast on this competition....a competition that TNA has initiated. It will be a competition that TNA sees thru to its completion. When will this competition be complete??? The answer: Never, because the day the competition ends for any reason, is the day the business will suffer. If nothing else, this lesson was learned by fans and wrestlers alike when the competition ended and the Monday night wars were no more.

Make no mistake about it, the war has begun. TNA has fired the initial shots to what will prove to be the most prosperous time for wrestling fans and wrestlers alike. I am so excited and thrilled to be a part of it all. I have taken this time to "raise the bar" of expectations when it comes to me, the Monster Abyss. Anything and everything from promos, to matches, to anything that I am asked upon to do will be done with great passion and greater productivity, for competition demands both passion and productivity or its not competition to begin with.

So to all those fans that were fans during the much talked about and documented wrestling boom known as the Monday night wars, enjoy. Enjoy what promises to be an exciting and thrilling time to be a fan. This wild and crazy ride is just beginning. A wild ride with many twists and turns that will be revealed as the ride progresses. I don’t know what these twists and turns might be or may bring, but I know a few things for sure.....TNA will be victorious. TNA will be successful. TNA will be competitive. TNA will be productive. TNA will be passionate.

TNA will be the greatest wrestling company EVER. Make sure your seat belt is fully secure, keep your hands inside the cart at all times, and enjoy the greatest ride of your life. I know I will.

Talk to you all next week here at the Monster Blog. Bye bye.

Hier die nächste Ausgabe vom Blog''The Monster''
Dieser wird von Abyss geschrieben

Hey everyone!! I hope you all are doing good and 2010 is off to a great start for each on every one of you. It’s been a wild and fast paced 2010 thus far for me and TNA. I can not recall a time over the existence of TNA where there has been this much buzz about TNA and what TNA is doing. TNA is rewriting wrestling history right before all of your eyes!!! More people watched TNA last Monday night LIVE than have ever before. TNA did its best and biggest rating in its seven year history, meaning that you, the great fans of TNA tuned in to see the epic event and practical relaunch of what will prove to be TNA's continued journey to become the best wrestling company in the world. THANK YOU everyone for helping us attain all of our goals. We won’t let you down. There are a couple of key things that I think TNA proved to the wrestling world with its high viewership last Monday night. Here goes:

First, TNA proved that it indeed does have everything it takes to compete with anyone and everyone. Going up against our competitor head to head and LIVE, we definetly had the deck stacked against us. However, not only did we keep our audience, but we increased it by a considerably large amount of viewers. All the hard work and dedication by everyone at TNA paid off and was rewarded by more fans and viewers giving TNA a chance to capture their attention. We were successful. We will continue to be as well. When you wrestle with people that display such passion as we have in the TNA lockeroom, you can’t help but realize success. I love wrestling and I love putting every ounce of passion I have into TNA and my performances. So does everyone here at TNA....that’s what makes us special. Eventually that’s the same thing that will make us the best wrestling company ever!!

Second, wrestling fans all over the world proved that they desperately want and need an alternative to our competitor. The increased viewership and wild buzz that our LIVE show last Monday has stirred, even though we were head to head with our competitor, has generated a re-newed electricity and attraction to wrestling and the competition that it cultivates. Our dramatic increase in viewship that night was a symbol, a cry for help if you will, from wrestling fans everywhere that were saying "YES!!!!!! ITS ABOUT TIME" we are excited and ready for this competition. It’s up to us not to disappoint. I know TNA will not disappoint.

Third, and probably most important, it became obvious that its time for everyone at TNA to "raise the bar" when it comes to everything and anything. From matches to promos, we all must dedicate ourselves to increasing the level of our performance. It’s a simple equation really.....when the fans and viewers invest their time and finances to join in to watch the competition between two companies, the only way there truly is a competition is if it starts with the talent. For it to be a true competition, each of us must challenge ourselves to raise our performance expectations and ultimately, our performances. Thats what makes TNA special and seperates us from our competition. We all strive here to make ourselves better each match, each promo, each appearace. A wise football coach once told me, "You either get better each day or worse, but you never stay the same." I am so excited about the future and what it brings in TNA. You all can be assured of one thing......Abyss will be raising the bar and competing each match, each promo, each appearance to make myself and TNA better. In a company where everyone is doing that, like in TNA, nothing but good can and will happen.

Speaking of wild happenings, what about the buzz over Simon Cowell announcing his leaving American Idol after this season??? Wow, I was shocked to hear this. I’ve never been a huge fan of American Idol although I’ve seen my share of it. Honestly, Simon and his antics and outspoken comments were one of the most attractive aspects of the show to me. He says he is leaving to start the american version of The X Factor in the U.S. More news worthy, he wants to bring Paula Abdul with him to the new show as a judge. Looks like we may see a Cowell / Abdul reunion shortly??? Wow wonders never cease. I thought these two people hated each other. You love the ones you hate I guess!!!!

Another big story coming out of hollywood this week is the battle over timeslot for Conan O’Brien and Jay Leno. NBC wants Conan to move to a later timeslot as they move Leno back into that coveted timeslot. Conan is saying NO!!! He will not bend and does not want the later timeslot. So how does NBC figure out this whole mess??? I’ve got an idea.....have them settle their issues the same way I would. How you ask??? By pitting Conan versus Leno in the first ever celebrity Monsters Ball Match with me, Abyss, as the special guest referee. I love this idea!!!! What better way to resolve their differences than to compete in an anything goes match right??? Who would I favor???? I don’t know but watch out for the big run in by Jimmy Kimmell.

Well everyone, that’s all I have time for this week. I’m leaving for shows on Thursday and Friday in Pennsylvania and then it’s on to Orlando for the GENESIS pay per view on Sunday!!! Tune in everyone....its the PPV return of the legendary Hulkster, Hulk Hogan. I can hardly wait to see who I will face this Sunday. Regardless of who it is, I am ready to start off the 2010 pay per view schedule with a nice intense fight!!!! I’ll talk to you all next week right here on the MONSTER BLOG. Bye bye.

Wie bei Foley Files mache ich jetzt einfach weiter mit der Ausgabe vom 10.2.2010 und versuche die anderen Ausgabe nachzureichen...

Hello everyone and welcome to this week’s MONSTER BLOG. It’s a blistery and cold week all over the northeast. There is over 7 inches of snow on the ground where I am and its continuing to fall. Winter has definetely sunk its teeth into us. I think I might go out today and build an Abyss snowman. I just don’t know if I have an extra flannel to spare for my icebound immitation. Oh well, I’ll give it my best shot anyway.

Superbowl Sunday has come and gone and what a game huh?? Let’s rate the whole thing shall we???

THE GAME A-: It really was an exciting game. It featured the two hottest quarterbacks in the NFL today with Drew Breese and Payton Manning. The game itself was very close until the 4th quarter interception thrown by Manning to Tracy Porter. Porter returned it all the way for six points basically sealing the victory for New Orleans, 31-17. As much as I was rooting for the Colts, I couldn’t help but be very moved and happy for New Orleans. Not so much for the team, but more for the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana. Winning the Superbowl was almost an after thought when compared to the feeling of resurgence and recovery experienced by all the fans and residents in New Orleans and Louisiana. It truly felt like a "feel good" moment even if you weren’t a Saints fan. The shot of Saints quarterback Drew Breese holding his young son wearing earphones almost brought tears to my eyes. Yes even this Monster was touched very deeply. It will undoubtedly go down as the most emotional Superbowl ever.

THE COMMERCIALS B-: There were some good ones, but overall this years commercials lacked what past years have delivered on, creativity. The gold medal goes to Doritos. The Doritos commercials very original, creative, and hilarious!! The Betty White / Doritos commercial made this monster laugh hysterically for minutes after it aired. Abe Vigoda was a classic touch at the end. The loser award goes to E Trade for adding age into the baby's voice in their classic commercials. I truly could hear the difference and it took away from the humor in it. And what was all the fuss about regarding Tim Tebows appearance in the pro life commercial??? The commercial was criticized prior to airing for being not suitable for TV. After airing, it was apparant that the commericals content and message was perfectly fine. The beer companies lost as well. I can not remember one memorable commercial airing for beer. What happened to the days of the Budweiser frogs and Budbowl???

THE HALFTIME SHOW (THE WHO) B: I thought it was a very good show from a legendary band who I am a big fan of. The show itself and The Who's performance were very good and The Who played a strong set of their most recognizable songs ever. The show just lacked a little energy and was not very interactive as far as the viewer and the fans in attendance. It was a class presentation put on by the NFL, but maybe a bit dated. The NFL should really look at some younger scewed acts for the future. As good as Tom Petty was last year and The Who this year, both acts are scewed a little old and I’m sure the NFL wants to target a little bit younger. My advice to the NFL: Get over the fears that the Janet Jackson / MTV debacle instilled in you from years past and get a little more agressive and younger scewed when booking the halftime of the Superbowl. If you don’t, then please book PINK FLOYD and or Roger Waters for next year’s Super bowl halftime. They are my all time favorite.

Enough about the Superbowl. Lets talk about Against All Odds this Sunday. I’m very scared right now. Mr. Bischoff is threatening to fire me. He is holding my future over Mick Foley’s head. I don’t think Mick is going to fall in line with Mr. Bischoff and that means bad things for me. I don’t know what the future holds for me but I am pulling my hair out, literally, over this whole situation. I think I’ll find out more this Thursday on Impact. At least I hope so. What’s going to happen to me???? Mick said I’ll be ok and he would take care of everything but I’m not sure and it’s scaring even me to death!!! I will be ready this Thursday no matter what happens.

Well everyone, take care and wish me luck. I’ll talk to you all right here next week on the MONSTER BLOG. Bye bye.

Oben