Ring of Honor "State of the Art: Portland" Ergebnisse aus Portland, Oregon, USA (02.06.2019)

JME

Grumpy Professor
Teammitglied
Ring of Honor "State of the Art: Portland"
Datum: 02. Juni 2019
Zuschauer: 650

Die Show beginnt mit einer Heel-Promo von Bully Ray. Dieser beklagt sich in seiner typischen Art und Weise und ruft dann eine Open Challenge aus. Heraus kommt daraufhin Tracy Williams, der ein Anything Goes Match fordert. Mit einem Kick zwischen Tracys Beine nimmt Bully das Match an...

1. Match

Anything Goes Match
Tracy Williams gewann gegen Bully Ray via Pin nach einem Einroller.
Matchzeit: 08:03

Bully Ray attackiert Tracy Williams nach dem Match, bis Mark Haskins den Save machen will. Der Versuch schlägt aber fehl und Bully befördert Haskins mit einer Powerbomb durch einen Tisch.

2. Match
Singles Match
Mazzerati gewann gegen Danika Della Rouge via Pin nach einem Superkick.
Matchzeit: 04:55

The Allure (Angelina Love, Velvet Sky & Mandy Leon) attackieren im Anschluss beide Frauen.

3. Match

Singles Match
Mark Briscoe gewann gegen Josh Woods via Pin nach dem Froggy Bow, dem ein Low Blow vorausgegangen war.
Matchzeit: 11:16

4. Match

Singles Match
Jeff Cobb gewann gegen PJ Black via Pin nach dem Tour of the Islands.
Matchzeit: 12:05

Es wird bekannt gegeben, dass Mark Haskins durch die Attacke von Bully Ray nicht am heutigen Main Event teilnehmen kann.

5. Match

ROH Tag Team Title - #1 Contendership - Tag Team Gauntlet Match
The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas) gewannen gegen The Kingdom (TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia), Coast 2 Coast (LSG & Shaheem Ali), Silas Young & Shane Taylor, The Voros Twins (Chris Voros & Patrick Voros) und Rush & Dalton Castle.
Matchzeit: 34:20
- Reihenfolge der Matches:
1. Silas Young & Shane Taylor gewannen gegen The Voros Twins via Submission in einem Abdominal Stretch (07:15).
2. Rush & Dalton Castle gewannen gegen Silas Young & Shane Taylor via Pin an Silas Young durch Rush nach den Bulls Horns (15:35).
3. Coast 2 Coast gewannen gegen Rush & Dalton Castle via Countout nachdem sich Rush und Dalton Castle wegen Unstimmigkeiten außerhalb des Rings prügelten (21:00).
4. The Bouncers gewannen gegen Coast 2 Coast via Pin an Shaheem Ali nach dem Last Call (26:30).
5. The Bouncers gewannen gegen The Kingdom via Pin an TK O'Ryan nach der Closing Time (34:20).

Kenny King begibt sich für das nächste Match zu den Kommentatoren.

6. Match

Singles Match
Jay Lethal gewann gegen Jay Briscoe via Pin nach der Lethal Injection.
Matchzeit: 24:36

Nachdem Matt Taven, PCO und Flip Gordon den Ring betreten haben, will Ringsprecher Bobby Cruise den Main Event gerade als 3 Way Match ankündigen, als sich ein angeschlagener Mark Haskins doch noch zum Ring begibt.

7. Match

Defy or Deny - 4 Corners Survival Match
Matt Taven (c) gewann gegen PCO, Flip Gordon und Mark Haskins.
Matchzeit: 25:50
- Reihenfolge der Matches:
1. PCO via DQ nachdem er Matt Taven einen Stuhl entrissen und diesen eingesetzt hatte (14:48).
2. Mark Haskins durch Matt Taven via Pin nach einem Einroller (19:22).
3. Flip Gordon durch Matt Taven via Pin nach dem Climax (25:50).

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Man lässt The Bouncers das Number 1 Contenders Match gewinnen? :macepalm: Wie kann man nur so einen Bullshit booken? :macepalm::macepalm::macepalm:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...654792/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Wirft kein gutes Licht auf Bully Ray und The Allure sollte sich das als wahr herausstellen.

Wie das heutzutage so oft der Fall ist, scheint es nicht so eindeutig zu sein. Nichtmal die "Augenzeugen"-Berichte scheinen sich einige und in Sachen von Delirious hat der Typ schon mal Mist erzählt. Wenn die ganze Story jemanden interessiert, hier aus dem Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

There was a lot of social media talk over something that happened at the 6/2 house show in Portland, OR. A fan, Josh Ketch, who travels all over the country for shows and is a PWG regular on Twitter wrote this: “I avoided saying anything until the show was over to avoid any further issue, but this honestly soured me to ROH in a big way. Honest to God story that can be backed up by about a half dozen people. Show starts. Dark match is some local girls fighting Allure. Interference at the end. Velvet and I exchange words along with the rest of the Allure. Nothing crazy. Mandy Leon spits on me from the side. Not preferable but I honestly don’t care. Segment ends.” “Second match occurs and it’s a local vs. a local. Allure interferes at the end. I’m mouthing off to all the girls for no reason other than they’re the bad guys. `Boo, you’re trash, get lost, no one wants you here, etc.’ At some point Velvet Sky seemingly loses her cool and is challenging me to come in the ring. Tell me to suck it, calls me a pussy, etc. No problem. Get your heat. She calls me a virgin. I remind her she has sex with that fat turd Bully Ray. Call them the tramps stamp trio. End segment. She goes to the back. Fast forward about five minutes and I get a tap on the shoulder. `Hey, we’re with security and need to talk to you about an incident that occurred.’ Immediately I think of the Allure stuff but think that maybe Mandy got in trouble for spitting/face palming me. Then I kinda think this is a joke and look around. No signs of a joke from my buddies or crew. I’m super perplexed and think there’s maybe miscommunication because nothing so far was a big deal at all. I oblige and follow security. Security takes me legit backstage. I’m still perplexed by the entire thing and was honestly very hesitant to follow them because they kept saying, `We need to talk to you about an incident.’ No details behind just leading me into the back. What’s happening? What’s waiting for me? Get to the back and security is just asking me to be patient.

Suddenly Bully Ray comes from a back room. Full on gear since he was in the opening segment of the show and he looks pissed. Much bigger than me so Im kinda taking a step back on this here. Security backs off and it’s just us two. He said, `Hey, I heard there was an incident tonight with you and some of the girls. `Uh, yeah? I guess.’ I’m so lost. `So here’s the deal. You’re done talking down to them. You need to treat them with respect. Don’t be saying anything you wouldn’t say to your mom. You got it?’ I’m not trying to act tough. I was legit being intimidated with purpose and I wasn’t about to get kicked out during match three so I just bit the bullet and said, `Sure. Yes Sir. Yeah, I understand, yup.’ He said, `End of convo, go be a fan.’ Security led me back to my seat.” ROH sent us a response from General Manager Greg Gilleland which said, “Ring of Honor prides itself for providing a safe environment for our fans to enjoy our live events, and experience world-class athletes perform at the highest level. We take these allegations seriously and will conduct a thorough investigation to make sure appropriate actions are taken to ensure all our live events can be safely enjoyed by everyone.

Bully Ray responded by writing, “And now the truth. I could not have been any nicer to said `fan.’ Yes, nice, hard to believe. I never threatened, intimidated or berated said `fan.’ I handled the situation the exact opposite way most would assume, with decorum. Convo lasted less than 30 seconds. I even gave the fan a friendly pat on the back and told him to enjoy the show and `go be a fan.’ His response. `Thanks Bully.’ Fan version of story is embellished to make fan look like a victim. Many other fans who attended the shows in Kent and Portland have already confirmed on social media how said fan `crossed the line’ w/multiple talents..both men and women. In retrospect, the `fan’ should have been ejected. Unfortunately it wasn’t until after `fan’ was asked to not be `so rude’ did we find out the severity of the vile comments and lewd sexual gestures made toward the women (editor’s note: There was another fan at ringside who did describe a lewd sexual gesture the fan made toward the women although it’s nothing people wouldn’t have seen at a show from the past, but that doesn’t justify it and fans are prone to do things like that when heels go after fans individually in an attempt to get heat). I think we can all agree that in 2019, this type of behavior towards women is unacceptable and goes far beyond the scope of..I paid for my seat, I should be able to do or say whatever I want.’ I live by the motto...`Respectful fan always get what they want...Rude fans always get what they deserve.’ At the end of the day I’m guilty of defending three women that needed a bit of defending. Not by being a bully...by being a man.” Ketch later claimed that the person who took him backstage as security was Hunter Johnston (Delirious), the booker. Velvet Sky then said no such thing happened. Ketch said he was told it was Johnston by other fans and that he didn’t know what Johnston looks like without his mask. We were told Johnston was in the production room all night and he didn’t even know about the incident until after it became a social media thing, nor did others in management. Justin Knipper, our correspondent who was at the show said that Leon and Sky got into it with a fan (Ketch) in the front row. It looked like Leon threw a pulled punch or a slap. The crowd reacted to that and Leon didn’t look happy. Sky started arguing with the fan and pointing beyond the bleachers and challenged him to get in the ring. Knipper said he never saw Leon spit at Ketch but said that other fans who attended corroborated that she did. Another person, who has a long history in the business in the Pacific Northwest and was at the show, told us, “I noticed this fan right off

He sat front row, just a few chairs from the aisle the wrestlers walked down on the way to the ring from the stage. He was young, probably mid to late 20s, was with other young men of similar demographics. He was standing up often, especially vocal when the performers would walk by, and yes, especially the women performers. He appeared to be having fun, laughing, and as fans of this genre do, trying to be part of the event, not just watching the event

I don’t know the words said, but he clearly got under the skin of Velvet Sky, while she was still in the ring after the beat down of two women wrestlers. Sky remained alone in the ring and signaled repeatedly for this guy to come in the ring and take her on. He was standing and laughing and yelling back. He clearly was enjoying himself. Then Sky left the ring and the two had more words. She was obviously upset, leaning into the fan area and yelling. Not the `I’m taking on a fan to get heat type yelling, but the `you pissed me off jerk type yelling.” I did notice one of the females come from the back and get on the stage area and move toward the incident, in case there was physical contact. Sky finally walked up the stairs to the stage, but turned and had further words with the fan before walking off. I think it was Mandy Leon who came back to help Sky. The fan was laughing and talking to his buddies

It’s funny that Bully was mad at the fan for insulting women, when he had done the same thing opening the show, and Taven did the same thing to close to show. I thought they were just getting cheap heat.

Leon and Love both claimed Ketch was verbally and sexually harassing talent at a level unacceptable

On 6/6, the company sent out another statement from General Manager Greg Gilleland saying: “Ring of Honor prides itself on providing a fun and entertaining environment for both our fans and wrestlers to experience professional wrestling at the highest level. Fans are encouraged to cheer, boo, and chant during the show while wrestlers interact both positively and in rivalry, as that is the engagement that makes the ROH experience what it is. Wrestlers interacting with fans is core to the experience, however, under no circumstance should any of our athletes or staff confront or engage fans outside the bounds of this entertainment experience or outside the bounds of the area that hosts this experience. We hold all of our athletes and staff members to the highest standards and, because of the actions over the weekend, we fell short of meeting those standards. We are still in the process of investigating this matter as well as reviewing and assessing internal security protocols to ensure a safe environment for all fans and athletes. All of our athletes and staff will also be trained and reminded of our policies and protocols for fan interaction and appropriate behavior in all situations. To our amazing and wonderful fans, we apologize for the matter that transpired this past weekend as it does not reflect who we are as an organization or how we hope to engage with our fans. ROH fans are known worldwide for their passion, admiration, and appreciation for our athletes, and we share this same admiration and appreciation for our fans. We encourage all of our fans to continue attending our events and supporting our amazing athletes in a respectful manner as they have done in the past, and we promise to continue delivering what the fans deserve - the best wrestling and the best fan experience on the planet.

Klingt für mich nach etwas, worüber man vielleicht auch in einer ROH-News berichten könnte.

Rein inhaltlich wirft das in jedem Fall ein schlechtes Licht auf ROH, egal wie die Details nun waren, denn du kannst nicht einfach einen Fan backstage bringen und ihn von einem Wrestler einschüchtern/zurecht weisen lassen (was Bully Ray ja bestätigte, dass das passiert ist).

Dafür gibt's Security und dafür hast du Hausrecht um solche Leute rauszuwerfen. Für etwaige Beleidigungen und Co. gibt es staatliche Behörden. Finde es auch schwierig dem Fan zu unterstellen er habe im Bezug auf Delirious die Unwahrheit gesagt, denn er hat (hab den Original-Tweet dazu gesehen) nur ergänzend an seine Erzählung angefügt, dass ihm gesagt wurde, dass der Security-Typ Delirious war, er hat nicht behauptet, dass dem tatsächlich so ist oder er ihn klar erkannt hat o.Ä. das Gegenteil ist der Fall.

Und auch die von mehreren Leuten bestätigten Vorfall zwischen den Damen und dem Fan werfen nicht das beste Licht auf ROH und deren Performer. Alles in Allem sehr unschöner Vorfall bei dem von professionellem Umgang mit der Situation nicht die Rede sein kann. Völlig unabhängig davon was der Fan nun genau machte...

Klingt für mich nach etwas, worüber man vielleicht auch in einer ROH-News berichten könnte.

Ganz ehrlich, so lange wie da am Ende nicht irgendein Schlusspunkt mit einer Erkenntnis steht, weigere ich mich. Wenn ROH daraufhin auf Bully und Co. verzichtet, dann ja, wenn die Ermittlungen von ROH abgeschlossen sind und sie zur Erkenntnis gekommen sind, dass der Typ eben ein Fan mit einer zu großer Fresse war, ist das bestenfalls eine Randnotiz wert.

Ich weiß nicht, was du da genau alles ließt. Bully hat nicht bestätigt, dass er ihn bedroht hat und natürlich kann man einen Fan backstage bringen und ihn zurecht weisen. Die meisten Fans wären sogar froh, nicht zu fliegen und vielleicht lernt er sogar was daraus. Bedrohen ist eine andere Sache, aber laut Bully hat er ihn nicht bedroht.

"I never threatened, intimidated or berated said `fan.’ I handled the situation the exact opposite way most would assume, with decorum. Convo lasted less than 30 seconds."

Viele Zuschauer haben wohl bestätigt, dass der Fan ein komplettes Arschloch war und es drauf angelegt hat, gekickt zu werden. Dass Mandy Leon ihn angespuckt hat, konnte dagegen scheinbar niemand bezeugen.

Der Typ hat auf Twitter eindeutig behauptet, dass es Delirious war. Nicht dass ihm das nur so gesagt wurde, sondern dass es Delirious war.

"The “security” that brought me backstage turned out to be Hunter Johnston... ROH’s head booker & rumored boyfriend of Mandy Leon, who had already facepalmed and spit on me"

Erst als Meltzer und Co. berichteten, dass es Delirious definitiv nicht war, da der den ganzen Abend im Produktionsraum saß, und der Typ auf Twitter von Velvet Sky darauf hingwiesen wurde, meinte er, dass ihm das halt jemand gesagt habe.

Der Typ kennt Delirious nicht ohne Maske, geht aber sofort auf Twitter und behauptet, dass es Delirious war. Nimm es mir nicht übel, aber das verringert die Glaubwürdigkeit seiner Geschichte sofort. Das deutet eher darauf hin, dass er Aufmerksamkeit will. Wie er mit dem "Support" umgeht übrigens auch. Halbes Dutzend Artikel retweeten und zig Kommentare die ihn unterstützen. Es riecht dann doch irgendwie nach Aufmerksamkeitshascherei und so lange wie da der Schlusspunkt nicht gesetzt ist, gibts auch erstmal keine News. Hätte ich damit angefangen als die Story raus kam, wären es schon wieder drei News mit einem Swerve. Und am Ende dieser Neverending Story stellt sich dann vllt. doch heraus, dass alles nur Bullshit war.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Oben