• Befriedigend!

Abstimmungen: 2 11,8%
  • Genügend!

Abstimmungen: 1 5,9%
  • Nicht Genügend!

Abstimmungen: 0 0,0%

• Anzahl der Umfrageteilnehmer
ZAckAttack meinte:
Mal ne Frage am Rande, wer booked eigentlich alles bei Chikara? Quack? Delirious?

Eine verdammt gut Frage. Ich weiß nicht ob Quack neben den Shows, dem Training in der Wrestlefactory und den Seminaren, die er noch gibt, viel Zeit hat sich so Storys auszudenken.
Delirious steht bei mir auch ganz hoch im Kurs, sicher bin ich mir nicht. Oder es ist der Comissioner von Chikara, Dave Coulier. Dem Fernsehvolk wahrscheinlich bekannt als Joey aus Full House :D http://www.liveon.uiowa.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dave_coulier.png

Eine verdammt gut Frage. Ich weiß nicht ob Quack neben den Shows, dem Training in der Wrestlefactory und den Seminaren, die er noch gibt, viel Zeit hat sich so Storys auszudenken.
Delirious steht bei mir auch ganz hoch im Kurs, sicher bin ich mir nicht. Oder es ist der Comissioner von Chikara, Dave Coulier. Dem Fernsehvolk wahrscheinlich bekannt als Joey aus Full House :D http://www.liveon.uiowa.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/dave_coulier.png
Ernsthaft? Genial. :D Aber interessant, dass man das gar nicht so weiß. Wäre es Delirious wäre mir etwas wohler zu Mute, dass er auch bei ROH einen langfristigen Plan verfolgt, den man nur noch nicht erkennt. :D

Ernsthaft? Genial. :D Aber interessant, dass man das gar nicht so weiß. Wäre es Delirious wäre mir etwas wohler zu Mute, dass er auch bei ROH einen langfristigen Plan verfolgt, den man nur noch nicht erkennt. :D

Remsburg hat in unserem Interview gesagt, dass er auch ab und zu STory Ideen einreicht ^^ Daher gehe ich von aus, dass jeder Wrestler Ideen hat, die Quack dann nur verbindet. Die Gimmicks sind wohl größtenteil auch seine Ideen :)

Remsburg hat in unserem Interview gesagt, dass er auch ab und zu STory Ideen einreicht ^^ Daher gehe ich von aus, dass jeder Wrestler Ideen hat, die Quack dann nur verbindet. Die Gimmicks sind wohl größtenteil auch seine Ideen :)
Klar, aber irgendwer muss ja das Große Ganze im Blick haben und die Fäden zusammenfügen.

verbindet = Alles logisch zusammenfügen und zu ner großen story machen ;)

Dasher Hatfield hat im CHIKARA101 was gepostet. Dies will ich euch nicht vorenthalten.

Dasher Hatfield meinte:
The 30 days are up, and I feel that it is time to speak my mind. I know there are some of you still floating around this forum looking for the old CHIKARA magic. CHIKARA may be no more, but the memories, the good times, that special feeling can, and will live on other places. Even if it is just through conversation, memories, and stories we, as the CHIKARA Family, can make sure that what we created together will always be remembered.

I want to share one of my most precious memories from my many days spent as a part of this wacky family. I grew up loving Professional Wrestling. But it was not until the Mid 90’s that I discovered what true passion for Professional Wrestling was all about. I discovered a man named Tommy Dreamer, a man who was willing to sacrifice his own well-being time and time again for a company he loved. Although ECW was a bit crude for my taste, it was his passion that taught me what being a Professional was all about. I learned to love ECW because you could see what it meant to him.
In 2010 Tommy Dreamer stood in the building that he has made famous, in a CHIKARA ring, wearing our t-shirt and he proceeded to say things about CHIKARA that brought joyful tears to my eyes. I sat in the back looking up at the backside of the screen, at a backwards image of a man whom I hold the utmost respect for, and I could not believe what these old ears were hearing. He saw that the passion burning in our eyes for CHIKARA was the same passion he had in his own eyes when it came to ECW. Seeing him represent the company I love, in the building he made legendary was all I needed to help me realize what we, at CHIKARA, were creating was Pro Wrestling magic. It meant so much to me that Tommy had realized just how magical and amazing CHIKARA could be.
I remember driving home that night just replaying that moment in my head over and over again trying to get myself to believe that it had actually taken place. I promised myself that night to give everything I could possibly give to CHIKARA and to its fans. I can proudly say today that I kept that promise.
I know many of you have stories such as mine, and I would love to hear them. CHIKARA may be gone but the things it represented will never die.

Yours Truly,
DH

Da wird man ja sentimental :( Keine Ahnung wo ich das einsortieren soll. Irgendwie...wenn es das ende war, konnte man es nicht besser machen. Man hat nochmal gezeigt, dass man in der Lage ist die Indywelt auf einen Schlag zu erschüttern. Bis vor diesem Post war ich mir sicher, dass es eine Story ist. Aber jetzt weiß ich echt nichts mehr. Keine Ahnung, ich hoffe es gibt bald eine deutliche Ansage. Mein Kopf sagt "das ist eine Story" aber das Herz...naja, hoffen ich mal, dass ich Dasher nicht vertrauen kann ^^

...und es geht weiter...

assailANT meinte:
Followers of the Creed, the Big Blu Bruiser has made his way to the 101message boards & I would like to talk to you about my memories on what I think Chikara means to me...

I came in with Gekido thinking that I can just take a top spot from one of the top guys all because I became so bitter about what transpired a few years back at the wrestle factory, but now that I think of it, I really had no reason to be angry at a company who actually tried to help me. I remember a few personal talks I had back then with some of the guys. I remember one specific with Jigsaw. I was trying to muster up enough courage to talk to him. Thinking to myself, "man, I need to think of something so it give me and excuse to talk to him". And then it hit me! I heard he has a brother wrestles as well. So that was my so called ice breaker! So I approached him and ask him if it was true about him having a brother in wrestling and he said yes, he does. I talked to him about having family in wrestling and proceeded to say that I wished I had family who love wrestling as much as I did to become a wrestler. You know what he told me? That I didn't have to worry about that. I asked him why and he replied, "because we're your family now". I have to admit, that tugged on a few heart strings but that was one talk out of many talks before I up & left the the wrestle factory.

Out of all things that I can think of, I never thought wrestling would ever teach me about family values but now that I think of it, if it wasn't for wrestling teaching me those family values, I wouldn't have met Wife Ant. I wouldn't have been such a family guy now. In my life now, family means the world to me. Chikara is all about Family Values. They do what it takes to please their fans but in a totally different way than everyone else does. Who can say that they saw a demon get dropped on some sprinkles by an ice cream? Or say that they saw a snake hypnotize an ant. Chikara was a well oiled machine that ran on family values. You should see how happy my family gets when they see how well I'm doing in wrestling. It brings us closer together!

I will never forget what Chikara has given me. From family values to 2nd chances, from friends to stronger bonds. Thank you so much for being one of the leading inspirations in my life.

AssailANT

Tim Donst meinte:
I remember being 16 years old and learning from the best. Mike and Chris and Jorge taught me more than just pro wrestling maneuvers, they taught me how to love and respect this sport. A sport that I've dedicated the past 9 years of my life to make better.

I gave up college scholarships and lost countless friends and girlfriends to pursue my goal. I could never survive in "the real world". CHIKARA has given me a level of creativity simply not allowed in a typical 9 to 5 environment. Its given me a reason to pick up the guitar again, permission to bend the space time continuum

and put me in the ring with Bryan Danielson so early in my career. A step which contributed in my growth as one of the best independent wrestlers on the entire planet.

This past weekend I applied one of the most lethal holds I know "The CHIKARA Special" to Derrick Bateman at AIW's Absolution. I wanted to make him submit, to tapout, but most importantly I locked it on as a tribute to the company that I hold so dear. But sadly it didn't work. The magic is gone.

The CHIKARA locker room banded together to make the state of wrestling better. Regardless of our internal conflicts of rudo and tecnico this was our goal. It was a bond of US versus the WORLD. Only guess what? The world won.

And I'm at peace with that.
Td

Happy 4th throwback

Weiter gehts...

Kobald vom 3. Juni (Habs übersehen meinte:
Humans,

Even before CHIKARA closed its doors or Doink passed away, I went
through a lot this year. Personally, it’s been the hardest year of my
life! Why’s that? None of your business! That’s for me to know, & for
you to perpetually speculate! In any case, I had not wrestled in the
entire time between Dec 2012 and Feb 2013, the longest since I have
been wrestling! I stepped in the ring on February 2nd at National Pro
Wrestling Day with Ophidian on my side, a warrior that has been
INSTRUMENTAL in my career. On the other side of the ring was
Hurricane Helms, a HUGE INFLUENCE in my career. While it was NPWD &
the promotion was W.H.O., it was CHIKARA & its exposure that afforded
me the opportunity to be a participant in that match. CHIKARA
afforded me many opportunities I thought I’d never have. Eddie
Kingston, Toshie Uematsu, Sara del Rey, Colt Cabana, Jigsaw, &
Quackenbush are just some of the amazing talents I’ve faced because of
CHIKARA.

I was not happy with the outcome of the match with the Hurricane. I
was not happy with my physique. I wasn’t happy with myself, but I was
happy to wrestle again. SOME of the hardships of being the Prince of
ALL Goblins were shed off my scaly backside. But that’s how it is.
CHIKARA has always been there for me when I needed it. Wrestling is
my outlet. Even through the countless injuries, losses & follies, the
pain of losing a battle is MUCH LESS than the pain of being left out
of the fight.

A human recently asked me, ‘What is a moment that sums up your
experience in CHIKARA?’ For me, it was a moment in Burlington N.C.
On May 3rd of this year. I placed multiple Ice Creams & Ants into
the abdominal stretch over the course of the match, but I tried once
too many. Fire Ant reversed it on me and wretched the hold. To add
insult to injury, everyone in the crowd helped Fire Ant by creating a
chain around the ring & out the door, a chain of people tugging at my
poor, disregarded abdominals. I felt the pain of my abs seemingly being
torn off my pelvis. As I screamed in agony, nearly collapsing under the
power of 100 humans, 3 Ants, & two Ice Cream bars, I heard something...
laughter! Fire Ant was laughing uncontrollably as he was nearly murdering me.
In this moment, even with all the pain & being the butt of this massive joke,
I realized how lucky I was to be a part of this. Even when I could not
breathe & dirty, smelly humans are helping Fire Ant cheat, there was the
feeling that I was part of something BIGGER, something SPECIAL. This
feeling comes from a combination of talent, atmosphere, passion & the
fans of CHIKARA. So, of course, I will never experience that feeling again.

The Prince of ALL Goblins

Kobald

Amasis meinte:
My CHIKARA Memory... Hmm. I can honestly say the main thing that sticks out in my mind is when Ophidian and myself won the Campeonatos de Parajas for the first time from the Super Smash Brothers. It was the best thing to happen in my young career. Especially winning the belts in the historic ECW arena. A place that was the Mecca of the professional wrestling world at the time. It was the greatest accomplishment that I ever achieved in my career. That was the greatest memory I've ever had...

Amasis

Dan Yost (Referee) meinte:
I've been keeping pretty quiet since the events of June 2nd. I stayed off Twitter for a while, I stopped recording my podcast, I didn't even call anyone. Even when I was technically allowed to speak about it, I just didn't know what to say. For the last month, I kept waiting for an email to pop up in my inbox telling me when the next Chikara show was going to be. I'm not ashamed to say I've spent the last month in denial, but now that I see some of the guys are eulogizing Chikara on here, I think it's time for me to accept it and talk about it.

A little over a week ago, the anniversary of my "debut" in Chikara passed. If you take your copy of 6/23/12's "The Foggiest Notion" DVD off your shelf and play it, you'll see a terrified, clueless, inexperienced Dan Yost standing in the ring with Sugar Dunkerton and Tim Donst. My friends, I can now admit to you: I had no idea what I was doing that day. I was told Bryce and JB both had emergencies that day and wouldn't be on the show, so I, with extremely limited training, would be filling in. It turned out that the two real referees were able to make it, but for whatever reason, Chikara management still gave me a chance to go out there in an oversized blue shirt and try to get people twice my size to listen to me.

I can confidently say that my fondest memories of the last year all come from being involved with Chikara. The reaction I got from the crowd at last year's King of Trios show just for walking into the ring is something I'll never forget. I have literally never been cheered for anything in my life before. Celebrating my birthday this year after our Tampa, FL show in a karaoke bar may have actually been the best birthday of my life. Getting to referee in my hometown of Philadelphia, in front of my family, in the Trocadero, where I've seen all of my favorite bands play since I was 15 years old, is a feeling I can't even describe. Because of Chikara, I got to hear former ECW announcer Stephen DeAngelis announce MY NAME.

Something that's going to drive me crazy is not getting so see so many issues resolved. I wanted to see Soldier Ant back with the real colony. I wanted to know what happened to Ophidian after he was put into that sarcophagus. I wanted to know who those weirdos were that found the shattered Eye of Tyr. Did you guys know I recorded an entire YouTube series for the Chikara channel that's never going to air now? I was going to blow the Barber Shop out of the water!

I'll see you all at the various Wrestling Is companies, and we'll have a great time, but a piece of my heart stays with Chikara. I'm going to miss the sound of the fans chanting CHI-KA-RA. I'm going to miss driving to Chicago with Saturyne, Jervis Cottonbelly, and the Estonian Thunderfrog. I'm going to miss wearing my blue referee shirt (that I actually had tailored so it didn't fit me like a parachute anymore). I'm even going to miss seeing Tim Donst sulking in a dark corner.

I'm really not over this.

-"Mister Doctor" Dan Yost

Entweder ist es wirklich das Ende oder die spielen diese Rolle verdammt gut. Man merkt bei jedem Wort, wie viel Liebe und Leidenschaft sie in CHIKARA gelegt haben. Natürlich hoffen wir, mal irgendeine Stimme zu hören. Vielleicht wissen die Wrestler und Officials gar nichts von der Story und nur ganz wenige wissen Bescheid :D

Ich glaube langsam, das wars...

UltraMantis Black meinte:
I was ushered to this particular interaction on this user forum by a
trusted ally. Although I do not typically participate in such public
discourse, I am somewhat moved by the words of my fellow former CHIKARA
brethren, as well as CHIKARA aficionados, to share a few thoughts
myself.

My warmest memories, and what I do believe I will most miss,
center around the familial atmosphere of the CHIKARA community. No, not the
"family friendly" tagline - for you see I myself am mean and offensive. But
rather the fact that CHIKARA - the fanbase, the locker room, the staff, and so
on - has, to me, emulated a family more than any other wrestling company,
entity, or organization has ever even come close to. Perhaps more so than even
many blood relations. I will most likely continue to enter other locker rooms,
wrestle in other rings, and interact with other fans, but it is in my most
informed opinion that there will always be something missing. The CHIKARA
community had always, in both thick and thin, stood supportively with the
Great & Devious One, with my Order, with my Envoy. Whether it be the
gifting of a karma free meal post-match in Chicago, or being handed gladiolas
at ringside in New York City, or even just the warm embrace and/or sturdy
handshake of my fellow man and/or woman in Easton, Cleveland, Burlington,
Philadelphia, etc - I have appreciated every familial interaction more than
most will ever know.

And so, before the Tipper Gores who overlord this
technological landscape wipe this message from existence, I leave you all with
the words of revered philosopher and poet Steven Patrick Morrissey: "Maybe in
the next world..."

Yours,
UMB

Bryce Remsburg meinte:
May 25, 2002 will be one of those dates that will stay with me forever. You know your birthdate, obviously. My forthcoming wedding day, of course. Those are a given. Knowing that you'll enter a pro wrestling ring as a performer on a for real pro wrestling show? My parents probably didn't see that one coming. Nonetheless, Mom and Dad drove to Allentown, PA, paid $5 to watch their son wear a suit (that was three sizes too big for him) awkwardly hold a microphone and announce his independent wrestling heroes, his soon-to-be lifelong friends, a guy who now lives in a studio.... apartment, a guy with a pipebomb that would change our entire industry, and Don Montoya.

From that day on, I was hooked. I knew the training money was well spent. I knew the commitments I had made were worthwhile. I was a part of the pro wrestling business. I was a part of CHIKARA. I was a member of then small clan of dudes without many particular life commitments, just nerdy wrestling fans who had this common bond. We traveled together to lose piles of money. We slept in cars together. I was eating at Perkins with Reckless Youth and Mike Quackenbush! I owned their t-shirts! Much to the befuddlement of my loved ones, I was in heaven.

CHIKARA soon consumed my life. I was being reprimanded for printing flyers on Temple University's computers. I was maaaaybe missing some classes to attend events. CHIKARA soon granted me other pro wrestling opportunities. The habit was growing more severe. The day I graduated college, I left dinner early to go referee at the ECW Arena. I was under the spell. Next thing I know I'm missing birthday parties, missing opportunities to make "real life" friends, as I was too busy traveling the roads of America and forging bonds with my CHIKARA brethren. CHIKARA affected what jobs I applied to, CHIKARA affected how I would use my days off, CHIKARA was my outlet as my parents went through a divorce. Silly as it may sounds, it was taking over.

Every second I was at a CHIKARA event, all was well. I was contributing to, and creating something. Something I was proud of, something I wanted the world to know about, something I loved, and something beautiful. Every crowd wasn't huge, but they paid to be entertained, and we always gave it our best. My non-wrestling friends would come to shows and have a blast. I enjoyed sharing rings with the guys I broke in with, the newest graduates of the Wrestle Factory, and stars I grew up watching. There were laughs, there was copious amounts of sweat, there were tears, there was even blood once. Whoops.

On June 2, 2013 an 11 year adventure came to an abrupt end. We never saw it going down like that. All good things come to an end, we just always believed we would get a vote in how.

A few weeks have passed now, and acceptance is slowly overtaking sadness and anger. I own many DVDs and thousands of memories that no security force in the world can take from me. I hope to keep in touch with friends I have made through CHIKARA until that last unpredictable monumental event, my death day. I'll take loving and losing over never loving any day at all. Predicted or not.

Thanks for everything, Bryce

SmartMarkVideo auf Twitter meinte:
Since there are no more @chikarapro events about to start on Best of 2013. What matches do YOU want to see included in this compilation? RT

Ich glaube auch nicht, dass es das Ende ist. Dass mal das Böse gewinnt finde ich klasse, aber daran denke ich hier noch nicht. Ich sehe halt einfach keinen Grund eine Company zu schließen, die finanziell vermutlich zu den am besten Aufgestellten im Indybereich gehört.

Wenn nur die CHIKARA Wrestler sowas andeuten würden, wäre ich immernoch auf Story (wobei mir der Post von UMB Angst macht. Da steht überhaupt nichts was zu Mantis passen würde). Aber das mit SMV macht mir wirklich schiss.

SMV macht da auch konsequent mit :D die Worte von UMB sind wirklich sehr persönlich und lassen einem Fan von Chikara an das Ende denken.

SMV macht da auch konsequent mit :D die Worte von UMB sind wirklich sehr persönlich und lassen einem Fan von Chikara an das Ende denken.

Ich glaube, wenn es eine Story ist weiß SMV da nichts. Wieso sollte CHIKARA denen auch was mitteilen? laut Informationen von Wrestlern läuft der Vertrah mit CHIKARA bis ende 2013.
Da CHIKARA geheimhaltung großschreibt, glaube ich nichts das SMV was weiß...

Und am Ende stellt sich raus, dass TheFabi eh mit CHIKARA von Anfang an unter einer Decke steckt und hier nur die Panik verbreitet, weil es Teil vom großen Ganzen ist...

Wrestling Is Awesome Ergebnisse aus Fairfield, Maine (06.07.2013)

Wrestling Is Awesome
Fairfield Community Center in Fairfield, Maine, USA
06. Juli 2013

Ringsprecher Gavin Loudspeaker und Jervis Cottenbelly eröffneten die Show mit einem Limbo Contest.

1. Match

Singles Match
Estonian Thunderfrog gewann gegen El Hijo De Ice Cream via Pin nach einem German Suplex

2. Match

Tag Team Match
Tommy Mack & Big Gene Geroux gewannen gegen Jivin Jimmy & Andy Meckenzie via Pin durch Mack an Jimmy nach einem Diamond Cutter

3. Match

Singles Match
Juan Francisco de Coronado gewann gegen Jervis Cottenbelly via Pin nach einem Einroller

4. Match

Singles Match
Francis O’Rourke gewann gegen Drew Gulak via Submission im Dragon Sleeper

5. Match

Singles Match
Oleg the Usurper (/w Sidney Bakabella) gewann gegen Shane Matthews

6. Match

Singles Match
Hobo Joey Primer gewann gegen Ice Cream Jr. via Pin nach dem Mangalizer

7. Match

4 Way Match
Max Smashmaster gewann gegen Estonian Thunderfrog, Johnny Primer und Scott Parker via Pin an Primer nach einem Big Splash

8. Match

Singles Match
Green Ant gewann gegen Jaka (/w Sidney Bakabella) via Submssion im Front Guillotine Choke
Jaka hatte das Match zuvor vermeintlich bereits gewonnen, nachdem Bakabella eingegriffen hatte. Ein zweiter Referee kam heraus und startete das Match neu.

...und weiter gehts.

Jakob Hammermeier meinte:
I'm posting here for mein first time. I wish it was under happier circumstances but none the less.

Just for fun-sies In no particular order. Mein favorite moments in CHIKARA

1) Mein Shane Matthews' impression
2) Pinning dasher hatfield
3) Dasher blasting me with a basketball straight to the face
4) Tommy Dreamer saying he was jealous of mein awesome hair
5) Destroying everyone at Smash Bros at the fan conclave
6) Figuring out I can knock people out

But as my short lived career might be over, und I contemplate retirement. I am forced to think about my tenure in pro-wrestling.

I will miss the CHIKARA locker room und the fans. There is no two ways to put it. I feel out of place 95% of mein life. But when I was at CHIKARA, either wrestling or just sitting in the locker room, I felt at home. Like minded individuals who share mein sense of humor is an extremely rare thing. But not when I was around CHIKARA.

We all (fans und wrestlers alike) showed up for an adventure that we all experienced together und I am forever grateful to have shared the memories we all had together.

To the locker room. Danke for accepting me und treating me as one of your own.

To the fans. Danke for your loyal support. Me und mein 16 kids really appreciate how you spent your hard earned dollars on Jakob's merch.

Danke for letting me live mein dream. Even just for a little bit. It was amazing und ill never forget a minute of it.

I honestly don't even know if I will ever wrestle again. I feel quite lost. Like a ship without a port, I'm off on mein own, to reach a destination not yet seen.

Love you all tremendously,

-JH

Wrestling Is Awesome Ergebnisse aus Rochester, New Hampshire (07.07.2013)

Wrestling Is Awesome
Rochester American Legion in Rochester, New Hampshire, USA
07.Juli 2013

1.Match
Tag Team Match
Haack & Slaash gewannen gegen Los Ice Creams (El Hijo del Ice Cream & Ice Cream Jr.)

2.Match
Singles Match
Drew Gulak gewann gegen Tommy Mack

3.Match
Singles Match
Oleg The Usurper (w/Sidney Bakabella) gewann gegen Andy McKenzie

4.Match
Singles Match
Dalton Castle gewann gegen Juan Francisco de Coronado

5.Match
Singles Match
Jivin' Jimmy gewann gegen Jaka (w/Sidney Bakabella)

6.Match
Singles Match
Green Ant gewann gegen Kobald

7.Match
Singles Match
Frank O'Rourke gewann gegen Hallowicked

Nun es ist Zeit für das heutige Main Event. Das letzte Match wird von zwei Teams gestartet und nach bestimmten Zeitabständen stoßen weitere Teams hinzu, Eliminierungen konnten durch Pin, Submission, DQ und dem Wurf über das Top Rope erzielt werden. Allerdings ist ein Team erst eliminiert, wenn beide Mitglieder eines Temas eliminiert wurden.

8.Match
Four Way Tag Team Battle "Pit" Match
3.0 (Scott Parker & Shane Matthews) gewannen gegen The Devastation Corporation (Flex Rumblecrunch & Max Smashmaster), The Baltic Siege (The Estonian ThunderFrog & The Latvian Proud Oak) & The Primer Brothers (Joey Primer & Johnny Primer)

Reihenfolge der Eliminierungen:
1. The Primer Brothers werden eliminiert
2. The Baltic Siege wird eliminiert
3. The Devastation Corporation wird eliminiert

Na geht doch. CHIKARA LEBT!

Gavin Loudspeaker meinte:
For me, CHIKARA had so many amazing memories it will never be truly gone.
Just having been a part a part of it is the most amazing memory of all.
But if I had to pick one, it would be all the CHIKARA wrestlers that came to my aid when I needed them.
They taught me how ti protect myself in the ring, and they were very patient. I couldn't believe the knowledge they shared with me, and I couldn't have been a luckier student.
It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life. But it was also the most rewarding. I'll never forget it.
Thanks guys.
-Gavin

Green Ant meinte:
Like many others in the CHIKARA family, I've had links to this thread sent to me. After a month of forced silence, it's been an interesting experience reading the honest thoughts of my friends and coworkers.
I could go on forever reminiscing about specific memories and moments throughout my time with CHIKARA that have made an impact on my life. However, I think it would be easier to just express how grateful I am that those memories and moments ARE my life now.

I started with CHIKARA when I was pretty much fresh out of high school, and I consider it a privilege to have been able to grow, gain life experience, and learn with everyone involved in CHIKARA, whether they worked there or they were in the crowd.

There are so many things I would have never been able to do without CHIKARA. And while I feel the same sadness as everyone else now that the doors have closed, I'm just thankful that I've been able to be a part of all of this. It's important to keep a positive attitude in situations like this. CHIKARA lives on in every wrestler that was on that roster. We carry that flag into whatever ring we end up in. Even though the affiliation is gone, I carry the spirit of CHIKARA inside me every time I lace up my shoes at The Wrestle Factory, or come through the curtain for a match.

So no matter where we all end up when the dust settles, I'm just happy to have been along for the ride. Thanks everyone. Much love, stay positive, and remember that we are all one.

Scott Parker meinte:
I've been seeing alot of these go up lately and it's gotten me to feeling quite nostalgic. The last month or so has been a whirlwind of emotions for all of us. We all have questions but we get no answers.

What I've been missing the most lately is that sense of brotherhood that came with CHIKARA. The relationship that the roster shared. Whether some of us were engaged in conflict or not, we still had that sense of family because in the end we were still all fighting for the same cause.

When I look back and take it all in a see that the connection to the Chikarmy was something very special. I really do believe that you guys were the best and most dedicated group of fans in professional wrestling. You, the fans, supported CHIKARA with such passion that it pushed us all to be better. For that I say thanks. It's kinda cheesy and maybe even a little bit corny but it is genuine.

As for Shane and myself, well, it's been a little odd. I mean, we spent the last 7 years of our lives in Chikara. We grew up here...there. My whole adult life has had CHIKARA in it and now it kinda feels like we are left without a place to hang our hat. It feels almost like we are birds having to leave the nest. We have gone from two abrassive and obnoxious Canadian kids to two abrassive and obnoxious Canadian men in the comforts of our CHIKARA world. It's not exactly by choice but we have to move on to the next chapter. None of us really want to say goodbye. We hold on to the things of the past we grasp at string and try to find answers that just aren't there. I know for me, personally, I feel like a part of me is missing. We use the memories to try and sooth us. Since June 2nd I've been searching to find something to fill the void but the fact is, nothing does. I don't think I'll ever find something that will.

They say home is where the heart is...I know where my home will always be.

Booya!

Icarus meinte:
I've spent the past month reminiscing about CHIKARA and the arc of my life these last 11 years. There is one memory that stands out more than any other: the year CHIKARA ended.

The bureaucrats got the better of us. After a hard fought battle with the Allentown Zoning Board, we were denied our right to run events out of the Wrestle Factory because we lacked adequate parking for the venue. So that was it. The Wrestle Factory moved on and CHIKARA, barely even out of the gate, was put down.

In that down time, the family grew. We should have been scattered, broken apart. But the fight with the zoning board actually brought us together. We hit the road here and there but in the end, we focused on bringing CHIKARA back. We came to understand that when each of us is working tirelessly for the same end goal, together, we can change the world. Even in those dark days, we knew we were at the dawn of something special. So we regrouped. We fought to bring our vision for wrestling to life, we fought for our ideas, and eventually we won.

And now here we are 11 years later, shut down by a group of bureaucrats. And I look at this forum and where are my brothers in arms crying "fight!" like we did back in 2002? I see whimpering posts that seem to be saying "I accept this fate." It makes me sick, and heart-broken. It makes me angry. CHIKARA isn't some shadowy corporate suits pulling the strings behind the scenes. I am CHIKARA. You are CHIKARA. Are you forgetting that?

I was given a family that quite honestly, I can't stand. So I spent my adult life creating and molding a new one. A family that I respect and love. You can shut the doors, liquidate the assets, and slap a "for sale" sign on a company, but not a family. Not my family.

On my calendar July 20th is marked "Easton, PA." That's where my family was supposed to be that day. And I do not accept this fate. If Easton is where CHIKARA was supposed to be, then that's where I'll be. The Palmer Center. 7:00 pm.

I am CHIKARA. Are You?

Ich muss sagen, dass es mir sehr gut gefällt, wie Chikara diese Storyline bisher umsetzt. Das ganze kommt nämlich sehr realistisch rüber und auch wenn die Ereignisse vom iPPV nun schon einige Zeit her sind, ist mein Interesse an dieser Sache kein bißchen gesunken und ich bin jetzt schon sehr gespannt darauf, wie und wann es hier weitergehen wird. Und ich bin sicherlich nicht der einzige, der sich schon sehr auf die Fortführung dieser mehr als vielversprechenden Storyline freut. Da ist Chikara etwas wirklich großartiges gelungen und ich bin mir sehr sicher, dass man das ganze nicht verboooken wird.

Im übrigen wird Icarus nicht der einzige sein, der am 20. Juli am Palmer Center sein wird. Ein dutzend Fans haben angekündigt vor Ort zu sein. Ich denke, dass wir daher am 20. neue Infos erhalten werden. Wenn dort oder bis dahin nichts passiert, dann wird es verdammt eng :)

Crossbones meinte:
So here we are gents. Makes me sad I haven't been around much the last few years. I'm missing chikara so much more now that I realize I took for granite the fact that it would always be there
sad.png
. I remember going to early chikara shows and thinking "this is where I want to be one day. " And then I got that opportunity by the side of The great Larry Sweeny who I also thought would always be there... these are sad thoughts. On to happier thoughts.
Chikara is a place where no matter how long I am gone, I return to a warm embrace from my brothers in the locker room and from an audience who for some reason always showed me love even when I know I maybe didn't deserve it. Chikara is a place where I met my brother and hetero life mate Ultramantis Black, a life changing experience in itself! I rarely wrestled anywhere else because when I first stepped in that locker room I knew Chikara was my home,my love, my family. I have a family outside of Chikara that has kept me away more then I may have wanted but I know I loved every moment in Chikara with my wrestling brothers and sisters.
Sorry if this written terribly, it's 6 in the morning, there's a crazy baby next to me as a type this, and my heart is heavy ( like the rest of me). Chikarmy, I thank you for all the love through the years, you will all be sorely missed....I am Chikara...WE are Chikara!

Oben